Are generalized assumptions ,guidelines ,tenets or premises or agreements that govern management decision and actions in an organization
Difference between Mission & vision statement .
- . size :Vision statement is shorter and mission statement is longer in size
- Wording :Vision statement use future continuous tense and mission statement uses present tense.
- -The main purpose of setting policies in an organization is to enhance coordinating brought about by uniformity in managers actions or decisions.
- Negative and positive :vision s. always explains the best a company can achieve & Order; Vision comes before mission or otherwise a vision is a guide to a mission
NEED FOR POLICIES
Policies are necessary in organizations because:-
- Existence of Grey areas e.g staff recruitment in human resources
- New regulations /policies : are made to enable adjustment
- Emergence of economic opportunities
- Negative organizational opportunities
- Scarcity of resources
- Relationships & networks in business
Management Tutorial Africa