This is the process of organizing data into rows and columns.
Tabulation simplifies data making it easy to understand. It also facilitates comparisons of different groups of data.
The following principles should be followed in construction of the table
- The table should have a title
- The size of the table should be suitable
- The rows and columns should have subtitles
- Rows and columns should have subtotals which sum up to the total (Grand)
- Source of data should be stated at the bottom of the table
- The table should be clean and neat.