Supplier Survey: Who can supply?
Sources of information relating to potential Suppliers:
- Catalogues: they contain valuable information and format of presentation is simple
- Trade directories: These contain new product requirements occasional special requirements and so on.
- Yellow pages
- Sales persons: They can provide useful service information regarding suppliers
- Exhibitors/Exhibitions: these provide an opportunity for comparing competing products and meeting representatives of suppliers
- Trade journals
- Information exchange between buyers
- Information provided by prospective suppliers.
Attributes of a good supplier
There are a number of attributes which might be regarded as desirable of a typical relation and may include a supplier who:
- Delivers on time
- Provides consistent quality
- Has a stable back ground
- Provides a good service back up
- Provides a good stock service.
- Does what he or she says will do.
- Provides technical advice
- Keeps the buyer informed on progress.
- Offers good price
- Is responsible for a buyers need.