PRINCIPLES OF BUSINESS COMMUNICATION AND OFFICE MANAGEMENT.
Communication is the process of transferring information from one person to the other. In the process of communication the sender will always consider the receiver while structuring his message as well as delivering it.
THE PROCESS OF COMMUNICATION
- Sender: The Person who intends to pass the message to the receiver
- Idea: An idea is the subject matter of communication and this could be opinion, information or anything that the sender has.
- Encoding: The conversion of the subject matter into a symbol that can be understood by the receiver.
- Channel: Means way through which the message is sent to the receiver.
- Decoding: The reconversion of the symbol received into a symbol that can be understood by the sender inform of the feedback.
*The communication process is a continuous one.
IMPORTANCE OF COMMUNICATION.
- It improves the employer employee relationship in an organization.
- It reduces bottleneck within an organization.
- Brings different partners or departments together within an organization.
- Helps in achieving the objective of the agency.
- It creates awareness within the society.
- It helps in training and giving instructions.
- It improves the production within an organization.
- Also helps in the expansion of the business.
BARRIERS TO EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION.
- Age difference (interest variance Youth/Adults)
- Status in the society (Education, Love, Position and possession/wealth)
- Language barrier.
- Attitude of sender and receiver.
- Competition for Attention.
- Illiteracy (inability to read and write)
- Environmental factors such as surrounding noise